Welcome to the First Annual Freedom of Cloth Carnival
This post was written for inclusion in the Freedom of Cloth Carnival hosted at Natural Parents Network by Melissa of The New Mommy Files and Shannon of The Artful Mama. This year’s carnival will run from Sunday, July 3rd through Saturday, July 9th. Participants are sharing everything they know and love about cloth diapering, including how cloth has inspired them.
|Just waiting to be used!|
|Liam spent a lot of his first days hanging out in just a diaper.|
|Sylvia’s first cloth diaper: Size small Kissaluvs|
A few months ago, I added some Econobums to my stash and a few of the Bum Genius 4.0 snapped diapers. A friend of mine also loaned me some Kissaluvs to try on Sylvia’s teeny, tiny newborn heiny. I like all my diapers, but I’m still very partial to the initial 26. I’ve used them regularly for 2 years this July and they are still in wonderful condition (minus the chocolate stain on one blue diaper and the laundry tabs having been put to serious use). I don’t have trouble with leaks or blowouts and I’m not afraid of my baby’s tender skin experiencing chemical burns from disposable diapers. I have a variety of colors in my stash and it was great fun to shop for some sweet, feminine colors prior to the birth of my daughter in April. I’m so thrilled to be passing along these diapers from my son to my daughter and to see that even though they were different birth weights and sizes they still work wonderfully. I love to know that my investment was a wise one and I’m very interested to see how many children these diapers still hold up through!
Visit Natural Parents Network for the most up-to-date news on the Freedom of Cloth Carnival!
Please take time to read the submissions by the other carnival participants on the following themes. Articles will go live on the scheduled theme day:
- Sunday, July 3rd, 2011: Cloth Related Recipes — Writers share their best cloth-related recipes and tutorials.
- Monday, July 4th, 2011: Choosing Your Cloth Style — Today’s posts discuss parents’ individual journeys to finding the cloth diapering “style” that best suits their families.
- Tuesday, July 5th, 2011: Cloth Diapering Must Haves — Parents talk about the most important items in their diapering “stash” and why they love them.
- Wednesday, July 6th, 2011: Wordless Wednesday, Inspired by Cloth — We asked parents to share their favorite cloth-related photo with us and turned them into a fluffy Wordless Wednesday photo montage on Natural Parents Network. Link up your own Wordless Wednesday post there!
- Thursday, July 7th, 2011: Cloth Through the Stages: From Infancy to Potty Independence — Today’s participants explain how cloth diapering has served their families throughout one or more stages of their children’s lives.
- Friday, July 8th, 2011: Cloth Troubleshooting and Laundry Day — Seasoned cloth diapering parents share their best tips and tricks for handling common cloth problems and tackling the diaper laundry.
- Saturday, July 9th, 2011: Inspired by Cloth — For today’s theme, we’ve asked writers to explore the ways cloth diapering has inspired them to become “greener” overall.